Doueck Dental & Restorative Dentistry
located in Brooklyn, NY
Dental implants are the gold-standard for tooth loss treatment. At Doueck Dental & Restorative Dentistry, we are proud to announce that technological advances in dentistry make dental implants available to more patients than ever before. In America alone, 500,000 people each year get dental implants. If you’re suffering from tooth loss, visit our Brooklyn dentist, Dr. Doueck—he’ll design a customized treatment plan, providing you with an attractive addition to your smile.
Dental Implants: Why are They so Effective?
Dental implants are a revolutionary way to restore the gaps in your smile caused by missing or damaged teeth. This beautiful tooth-replacement option can regain your ability to speak, eat, and smile confidently. The implant is composed of three parts: the fixture, the abutment, and the crown.
With a minor surgery, Dr. Doueck’s team of specialists will place the implant fixture on your jawbone. Since we craft the fixture from a biocompatible titanium alloy, it will immediately begin to fuse with your jawbone. This process of fusing the surface of the implant fixture with your jawbone is called Osseointegration. Before you leave our office, Dr. Doueck will apply a temporary crown to protect the implant while we manufacture your permanent restoration.
After your mouth heals, you’ll return to our Brooklyn practice so Dr. Doueck can swap out the crowns—completing the implant process.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have a 97% success rate and offer a predictable solution to decayed or lost teeth. Furthermore, they have added benefits including:
- Functionality—Dental implants behave like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat, speak, and laugh without the fear of them shifting or breaking.
- Longevity—Unlike dental bridges, which only last about ten years, dental implants can last a lifetime. As long as you properly care for them, you’ll be smiling confidently for years to come.
- Prevent Bone Loss—After one year of being toothless, that area of your jawbone will lose 25% of its bone volume. Dental implants are the only tooth-replacement option that reverses these effects, strengthening your jawbone.
- Stability—If you’re missing a tooth, your natural teeth can start to shift out of place. Dental implants fill those gaps and keep your natural teeth stable.
- Avoid Gum Disease—A gap in your smile acts as a trap for food and bacteria, which is a recipe for gum disease.
- Prevent Facial Sagging—Bone loss caused by missing teeth can induce facial sagging. Changes can include wrinkles, thin lips, and a more pointed chin, making the patient look much older than their actual age. Dental implants reverse bone loss, and thus facial sagging.
What Treatments Pair with Dental Implants?
Beyond their advantageous nature, dental implants offer our patients a convenient solution for their tooth loss. Furthermore, you care for them like you would your natural teeth—with daily brushing and flossing. However, what happens if you’re missing more than one tooth?
Dental implants provide flexibility by working with dental crowns and dental bridges, making them stronger and more reliable.
- Dental Crowns—We can use dental crowns to restore one or more gaps in your smile by attaching it on top of a dental implant.
- Dental Bridges—With a bridge restoration, we’ll place a dental implant in the gap and use two crowns connected to either side as anchors. He’ll position these anchors on your natural teeth adjacent to your implant.